Cooperation is when you work with another person or a group to accomplish a goal or solve a problem. It is almost always the case that you can achieve more when you work with others. When we focus on what we have in common it is easier to reach solutions.
STOP & THINK -- You always have a choice of whether or not to cooperate when you are playing or working with others, even if you think you have better ideas or the other people always want to have their way. Here are some choices you can make to be more cooperative.
- Recognize that other people believe their ideas are as important as yours.
- Take time to really listen to another person's ideas or solutions, just as you want them to listen to you.
- Encourage a group to listen to everyone's ideas before jumping right to work. You might hear an idea you like better.
- Compliment other people on their ideas.
- If you feel you are being ignored, politely ask others to please stop and hear your idea before beginning a game or project.
- If you cannot agree, suggest taking turns. Statrt with one idea, then try the other option next.
- If someone does not cooperate with you, wait until you can talk alone with that person and explain how it makes you feel to be ignored. As to be included.
What other ways can you cooperate with others?